So, how does the process work?
Over the past ten years, our video creation process has continually evolved into the process you see outlined here. We’re constantly refining and streamlining this process, always on the lookout for new ways to serve our clients better and create even more effective videos.
Before we begin…
- 1.Let’s chat! We begin with a brief conversation, usually via video chat, to talk about your goals for the video(s). Who is the audience to whom we’ll be speaking? What are they trying to achieve? What is the specific pain point, problem, or challenge we’re trying to address? How does your product or service help them achieve their goal? What are the top talking points we need to address in the video(s)? In short, we’ll use this meeting to get crystal-clear on the questions included in our Project Intake Questionnaire.
- 2.Based on our conversation, we’ll create a detailed proposal that clearly articulates the objectives, timeframe, and proposed budget. When you’re ready to get started, approve the estimate online.
- 3.Next, we’ll send an invoice for a 50% deposit payment. When we’ve received the deposit, we’ll schedule a kickoff call and begin blocking the production schedule for your project.
- 1.First, we’ll collect any materials you want to include in the video. If you want to include your logo in the video, we’ll ask you to send us a high-resolution logo file, as well as any existing pre-roll, intro/outro graphics, and/or music — provided you already have these. If not, we’ll create those later.
- 2.Set up a fully functional local demo environment. We prefer to work from a local installation to ensure there are no unsightly delays during recording due to Internet speed or server ‘hiccups.’ If applicable, please provide any necessary license keys and the most current version of the product in question.
- 3.Collaborate to write a detailed script for your video, based on the key talking points you’ve provided. When finished, we’ll have an exact, word-for-word script for the voiceover/narration, alongside a description of what’s happening onscreen during each moment of the video. This helps us to visualize the video before it’s created. You’ll be able to review the script and suggest revisions until you’re happy.
- 4.Record a professional voiceover. Our founder, Shawn Hesketh, voices the narration for most videos we produce. Over the past decade, Shawn has performed voiceovers for hundreds of commercial projects. His voice is best described as general, non-region-specific, North American male. We record, mix, and master voiceovers in our own professional studio. If the project budget and timeframe permits, we can also outsource voiceover talent for your videos.
- 5.Create an intro and outro. If you already have a video bumper or pre-roll, we’ll add it to the beginning and end of the video at this step. If not, we can create a simple animation of your logo, along with any other required text.
- 6.Record onscreen visuals and license stock footage, if necessary. At this stage, we’ll record visuals and onscreen actions to match the narration in both timing and content. We record onscreen actions in Chrome, using full-screen mode at 2560×1440 pixels and 60 frames per second. We use the SmoothScroll plugin and precise techniques to ensure onscreen actions and scrolling are smooth, and never jarring for the viewer. If your project calls for it, we’ll also research and license royalty-free stock footage at this stage.
- 7.Add music. If you’ve already licensed royalty-free music for use in your video, we’ll add it to the beginning and end of the videos at this point. If not, we’ll find and license royalty-free music that is appropriate for your video and audience. Prefer to find your own music? We use and recommend Soundstripe, PremiumBeat, and Epidemic Sound.
- 8.Edit and export the final video. — Time to put all the pieces together! During this stage, we’ll combine the voiceover, onscreen actions, live footage, intro/outro, and background music, then edit as needed. Finally, we’ll export your video file at 1440p (2560×1440 pixels) QHD resolution, at 60 frames per second, and invite you to review your video online.
- 9.Revisions? If necessary, we can make minor revisions at this stage. But significant changes to the script, voiceover, or screen actions at this stage will incur additional charges at our regular hourly rate.
- 10.Multiple videos? Rinse and repeat. If your project calls for multiple videos, we’ll repeat the steps above as needed for each video, one at a time, until the entire project scope is complete.
That’s a wrap!
- 1.When all the videos in the project are complete and delivered to you, we’ll send a final invoice for the remaining balance due.
- 2.Follow-up! Even though our project is now complete, we want to hear from you. How is the video performing for you and your audience? Are your viewers taking the desired action after watching the video? This feedback helps us to create even better, more effective videos for you in the future!
Ready to get started?
We’d love to learn more about what you have in mind! Ready to chat?