So, how does the process work?
Over the past ten years, our video creation process has continually evolved into the process you see outlined here. We’re constantly refining and streamlining this process, always on the lookout for new ways to serve our clients better and create even more effective videos.
Before we begin…
- 1.Let’s chat! We begin with a brief conversation, usually via video chat, to talk about your goals for the video(s). Who is the audience to whom we’ll be speaking? What are they trying to achieve? What is the specific pain point, problem, or challenge we’re trying to address? How does your product or service help them achieve their goal? What are the top talking points we need to address in the video(s)? In short, we’ll use this meeting to get crystal-clear on the questions included in our Project Intake Questionnaire.
- 2.Based on our conversation, we’ll create a detailed proposal that clearly articulates the objectives, timeframe, and proposed budget. When you’re ready to get started, sign and return the included agreement.
- 3.Next, we’ll send an invoice for a 50% deposit payment, receipt of which will enable us to schedule your project and get underway!
- 1.First, we’ll collect any materials you want to include in the video. If you want to include your logo in the video, we’ll ask you to send us a high-resolution logo file, as well as any existing pre-roll, intro/outro graphics, and/or music — provided you already have these. If not, we’ll create those later.
- 2.Set up a fully functional local demo environment. We prefer to work from a local installation to ensure there are no unsightly delays during recording due to Internet speed or server ‘hiccups’. If required, please provide any necessary license key(s) as well as the most current version of the product in question.
- 3.Collaborate to write a detailed script for your video, based on the key talking points you’ve provided to us. When finished, we’ll have an exact, word-for-word script for the voiceover/narration, plus a detailed description of what’s happening onscreen at each moment during the video. This will help you visualize your video before it is created. Of course, you’ll have the option to review the script and we’ll make revisions until you’re happy.
- 4.Record a professional voiceover. We record the narration for most videos in our own professional, in-house studio. Most videos we create are voiced by our founder, Shawn Hesketh, who has recorded vocals for music and screencasts for more than 25 years. His voice is best described as “General North American Male.” If the project budget permits, we can also outsource voiceovers for your videos, if necessary.
- 5.Create an intro and outro. If you already have a video bumper or pre-roll, we’ll add it to the beginning and end of the video at this step. If you don’t already have one, we can create a simple animation of your logo along with any other required text.
- 6.Record onscreen visuals and license stock footage, if necessary. At this stage, we’ll record visuals and onscreen actions to match the narration in both timing and content. We record onscreen actions in Chrome, using full-screen mode at 2560×1440 pixels. We use the SmoothScroll plugin and precise techniques to ensure onscreen actions and scrolling are smooth, and never jarring for the viewer. If your project calls for it, we’ll also locate and license royalty-free stock footage at this stage.
- 7.Add music! If you’ve already licensed royalty-free music, we’ll add it to the beginning and end of the videos at this point. If you do not already have music for use in video, we’ll find and license royalty free music that is appropriate for your video and audience.
- 8.Edit and export the final video! — Time to put all the pieces together! At this stage, we’ll make final edits to the video, combining the voiceover, onscreen actions, live footage, intro/outro, and music. Finally, we’ll export and furnish your video file in 1440p (2560×1440 pixels) QHD format, for your review.
- 9.Revisions? If necessary, we can make minor revisions at this stage. But significant changes to the script, voiceover, or screen actions at this stage will incur additional charges at our regular hourly rate.
- 10.Multiple videos? Rinse and repeat. If your project calls for multiple videos, we’ll repeat the steps above as needed for each video, until the entire project scope is complete.
That’s a wrap!
- 1.When all the videos in the project are complete and delivered to you, we’ll send a final invoice for the remaining balance due.
- 2.Follow-up! Even though our project is now complete, we want to hear from you. How is the video performing for you and your audience? Are your viewers taking the desired action after watching the video? This feedback helps us to create even better, more effective videos for you in the future!
Ready to get started?
We’d love to learn more about what you have in mind! Ready to chat?